Gift Aid

Our response to

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is a Government scheme which allows charities to claim the basic rate tax on every pound donated. This means that if you were to make a donation of £100 to us, you’ll actually be giving us £125 at no extra cost to you!

Do I qualify if I’m a Pensioner?

Income from State pensions alone is unlikely to qualify as you would need to earn above the personal allowance threshold (currently £11,850 for 2018/19 Tax year) to pay income tax.

If the State Pension is your only source of income, we’d always advise that you check with your local tax office before completing a declaration. If you have a private or company pension plan then chances are you will be paying Tax on this income, you would need to check with your Pension provider on how much tax you pay.

How to claim Gift aid

All you need to do is sign the Gift Aid Declaration on our collection of the goods.

If you pay income tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

HMRC require that we remind you that if you have paid less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference to the HMRC.

Proud to be members of the  reuse network and Community RePaint

There's many ways for you to get involved.
Donate unwanted itemsVolunteer for usShop with us
Help us to continue supporting the vulnerable in our community, Even the smallest amount can make a big difference.
Make a cash donation
01642 608791
Contact Us
Frade, Registered charity number 1020725, Registered waste carrier 19586, Company limited by guarantee number 2797811